20.12.10

Soft Gingersnap Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks


You have to add these cookies to your Christmas baking list!

These are phenomenal.

These soft ginger cookie are coated in sugar, strong in spice and studded with white chocolate chunks.

It's all kind of wonderful.

Make these. You'll be thanking me!


Soft Gingersnap Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks
Adapted from: Two Peas and their Pod

Ingredients

1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup molasses
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 large eggs
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chunks

1 cup granulated sugar-for coating cookie dough balls

Directions

Preheat oven to Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment papers or with a silicone baking mat. Set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.

Beat in the molasses, canola oil, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and spices. Mix until well combined.

Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until smooth. Slowly add in the flour. Next, stir in the white chocolate chunks.

Scoop the dough into balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place on lined baking sheets, about two inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes, the cookies will still be soft. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for five minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.


30 comments:

  1. These look amazing! Love the white chocolate idea...sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the unique pairing of the white chocolate with the gingersnaps. It makes them all the more festive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look SO good! Off to the grocery store to buy the ingredients... ;-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply divine. My kind of cookie! p.s. I'm having a fabulous Kate Spade if you're interested!! :) Merry Christmas, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummalicious, darling M!
    What a fab combo of flavors!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohmygoodness! These look delicious. I love gingersnap cookies. Yummm!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delish! I plan on making a chewy ginger pecan cookie but I may have to make modifications to my recipe or just try this one!!! Thanks for visiting my blog over at Loco Cocoa's Treats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your nice comment Mary! Your blog is great too! I'm a sucker for a good gingersnap cookie... I love how soft and chewy yours look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so good! I love white chocolate chips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I am crazy for white chocolate! Yum! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Father would adore these! Thanks for sharing and nice to meet you:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary, these look wonderful. I love basic gingersnaps. I think I'll swoon over the ginger and white chocolate combination. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ummmmmm, shut up. This looks like the perfect Christmas Eve project for me... They look absolutely delectable!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.S. Merry Christmas, darling M!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Homemade ginger snap cookies...YUM!...I haven't had homemade ones in a very long time...these looks soooooo good. Brings back childhod memories. Thanks for commenting on my blog.CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE gingersnap cookies! These sound and look soo good. I never thought about adding chocolate to them! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice cookies and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohhh, those plus a cup of milk would be such perfection right now!! I got a cupcakes cookbook for christmas, totally had to think of you :)

    merry chrismas!!

    xox Vicky
    Bikinis & Passports

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry for my late reply. thanks for your comment and I already wish you a Happy New Year!

    kisses&hugs
    Vicky from VICREATIVE

    ReplyDelete
  20. mmmkay Mary? i may or may not need a lot of these before jan 1st when i have to cut myself off :)

    hope you had a very merry christmas!!

    xoxo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh darn you and your delicious recipes! I'm trying to eat healthy after lots of Xmas sugar, but I might have to make an exception for these! ;)
    (http://showersofsunflowers.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've not made cookies like this before and LOVE gingersnap. Anxious to try your recipe.... especially since calories still don't count. Haha. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These sound so yummie! Gingersnap is one of my favs around this time of year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. These cookies look so absolutely incredible!! I just discovered your blog for the first time and am in love...I featured this post in my latest favorite blogs round-up. :)

    http://style-phenomenon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails