14.3.10

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm Irish, well part of me is and it's enough for me to celebrate and bake with green!

I used a French Vanilla cake mix for the cupcakes and added green food coloring (you could also use green decorating paste which would give you a more vibrant green) for some festive flair.

I used this recipe for the cream cheese icing (so good!),

1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups icing sugar
8 drops of green food coloring

In bowl, beat cream cheese with butter; beat in vanilla. Beat in sugar in 2 additions until smooth.

I topped these wee cupcakes with some green sprinkles and a little art!

Sláinte ("Cheers!" in Irish Gaelic)! I thought I'd spare you and not write this entire post Gaelic... You're welcome ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Happy St Pat's Day to you :) The cupcakes look gorgeous and ready for a bite! Sláinte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Min! I hope you have a great day too!

    Mary xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails