29.3.10

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies


Sorry Mrs. Fields, your recipe has been replaced (or at least the store bought frozen cookie dough I've been known to purchase).

These are delicious. Oh my!

My extremely hard working husband was out of town for a while and would often inform me of "the best" white chocolate macadamia nut cookies he was eating (and how many in a day)! Well, if those aren't fighting words I don't know what are. So, I started my research on my quest to find the best white chocolate macadamia nut cookie to ensure they would be on the counter waiting for him when he got home and that he would find a better cookie.

I like to think I accomplished my task; these were amazing. They were rich, slightly crunchy, bursting with macadamia nuts and white chocolate chunks. I like my cookies undercooked so I took them out at 13 minutes and had a husband who happily agreed.


White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Adapted from: Field Guide to Cookies

Ingredients

2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted & cooled
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chopped white chocolate
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts

Directions

Preheat your oven to 325°F and place the oven rack in the middle. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.

Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.

In a large bowl, beat the melted butter and sugars together with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined.

Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture until combined. Mix in the white chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts until incorporated.

Working with 2 tablespoons of dough at a time, roll the dough into even balls and lay them on the baking sheets, spaced about 2 inches apart.

Bake the cookies until the edges are set and beginning to brown but the centers are still soft and puffy, about 16 minutes (I took mine out at 11-13). Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then serve warm or transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.

2 comments:

  1. these have to be my favorite cookies ever!! do you actually make all the things you post on here? I am soo impressed! Great recipes, I'm sure I will be back soon to steal one or the other :)

    xox
    Bikinis & Passports

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails